This privacy statement sets out how Reynolds Catering Supplies Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02955734 and the operator of this web site) complies with UK Data Protection legislation. This applies to your use of the recruitment services on reynolds-cs.com as well as the provision of your email address for our newsletter facility.
Your privacy is really important to us, and we understand how important it is to you. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do and why we do it. If you apply for a position using the online recruitment services, Reynolds Catering Supplies Limited will use the information you provide for the recruitment purposes outlined in this privacy statement. Your information will always be:
Used for limited purposes: We will only use your details for the purpose of the application you have made. We may contact you in the event of similar opportunities arising.
Secure: Information about you will be kept safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
Necessary: We only collect information that we can use to provide the recruitment services and we will not keep the information you provide to us for longer than is reasonable.
Should you provide your email address for our newsletter facility, rest assured that this will not be disclosed to any third party, for any purpose, other than to service providers to distribute our newsletters. Reynolds may however from time to time contact you regarding promotions, new products or other similar information.
We assure you that we continually review our practices to make sure we back up our principles with real actions.
The Company is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. This privacy notice sets out, in line with GDPR, the types of data that we collect and hold on you. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
Data protection principles
In relation to your personal data, we will:
- process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way
- collect your data only for reasons with a clear basis in law, in ways which will be explained to you
- only use it in the way that we have told you about
- ensure it is correct and up to date
- keep your data for only as long as we need it
- process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to (as appropriate), lost or destroyed
What information does Reynolds collect?
Depending on whether you apply for a job with Reynolds or not, or if you become a customer, contractor or supplier or not, The Company may collect a range of information about you which will be justified under our fulfilment of contract with you, or with your express, specific and informed consent (which you may retract at any time if so). These data types may include:
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- Information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements
- Whether or not you have a disability for which the Company needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- Information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
The Company may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks.
Data may be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email). We will ensure that anywhere we store data, it is stored securely and only accessed on a need to know basis.
CCTV & Thermal Imaging Camera
The Reynolds Group has CCTV across its infrastructure, including our reception area. CCTV will capture images in real time in whichever direction the cameras are pointed, and these cameras will capture footage of you whilst you are on the premises. Read our CCTV & Thermal Imaging Camera privacy notice here
When you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. We do not use your IP address to identify you.
greet you personally and speed up your log-in when you come back to the site; and measure response to advertising and to keep track of the number of visitors to our site.
The information collected via cookies can be used to personalise and improve our service to you, for example, to make it quicker to get to the parts of the website that you want to get to.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
Why does Reynolds process personal data?
Reynolds needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, the Company needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations (for example, it is required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts) or within its legitimate interest (e.g. to avoid being defrauded).
Special categories of data
Reynolds may process special categories of data where we have a clear legal basis to do so, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion or belief, to monitor recruitment statistics. We may also collect information about whether or not applicants are disabled to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability. We process such information to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
How long does Reynolds keep data?
We will retain your data for the time period specified by law. If there is no legally required time frame for retaining your data the company will delete information as appropriate, in accordance with your rights and freedoms and those of The Company.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for appropriate business purposes only or we will look to obtain your specific consent if are seeking to use your data for any other purpose.
Reynolds will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area unless prior notification is provided. Where we do share your data with third parties, we provide written instructions to them to ensure that your data is held securely and in line with GDPR requirements. Third parties must implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
How does Reynolds protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require Reynolds to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require Reynolds to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your data where Reynolds is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that Reynolds has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
None of our data processing activities rely on automated decision making.
What Information do we collect and what do we use it for?
If you decide to apply for a position via the site we will need:
You can have a look through our recruitment section without giving us any personal information about yourself.
- Name, address and postcode – without this we would not know where to send recruitment information.
- E-mail address
- Telephone numbers for day and evening – if there are any problems with your application or we need to clarify anything with you, we need to be able to contact you quickly.
- Your CV or application – this is required so that we may assess your skills and employment history.
- Criminal Records Checks/Credit history checks – Some roles may require us to enquire about previous criminal convictions or to carry out credit history checks. If this is necessary we will make you aware of this as early in the recruitment process as possible.
- Other information specified during the online application process that is relevant to recruitment.
This information will be used to:
- Process your application.
- Consider you for the position for which you have applied.
- Fulfil any legal obligations to which Reynolds Catering Supplies Limited must abide.
- Provide general aggregate information (which does not identify individuals) and statistics to help Reynolds Catering Supplies Limited develop its website and services.
- Make up part of your personnel records if your application is successful, but only to the extent that such information is relevant to your on-going employment.
- Approach your nominated referees for the purposes of obtaining references. We will only contact referees with your prior knowledge.
Please note that we may from time to time use service providers to process your information on our behalf but only for the purposes outlined above.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all of the information you provide is true and is not misleading, deceptive or inaccurate in any way. If you believe any of the information Reynolds Catering Supplies Limited holds about you is incorrect, please contact us on email@example.com and we will happily amend this for you.
Where you provide information about somebody else, for example, your referees, you should ensure that they have given their consent.
Our full Equal Opportunities policy can be viewed at the foot of the application form. As part of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 we are required to make basic documentation checks on every candidate. Please note that you will be asked to provide documentation of your eligibility to work in the UK if you are invited to attend the next stage of the recruitment process with us.
Other information, for example, relating to your sex, ethnic origin and culture is requested for the purpose of monitoring the effectiveness of our Equal Opportunities policy. This information is requested purely for monitoring purposes.
Your rights and removal of your Information
If at any time after the submission of your application you become unavailable to work, or if you simply change your mind, please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will withdraw your application. In addition, if you have partially completed an application, but it is not submitted within a reasonable period, it may cease to be stored.
You have a right to access the personal data held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on on email@example.com.