Vegan jerky is a healthy and nutritious snack which can be made from a whole host of different fruit and vegetables, with the addition of herbs and spices.
These are just a few examples of flavour combinations, together with time and temperature guides, but why not discover your own favourites? The fruit and veg should be cut fairly thickly (between 10-15mm thick) as it will lose much of its moisture.
- Charentais melon cut into wedges with lime juice and smoked paprika @ 54°C, 20hrs.
- Cucumber cut into 10cm lengths and then quartered with lemon juice and mint @ 54°C, 20hrs.
- Yellow courgette cut into 10cm lengths and then quartered with lemon juice, dill and salt @ 54°C, 20hrs.
- Pineapple cut into 10cm wedges with lime zest and juice, liquid smoke and red chilli @ 54°C, 20hrs.
- Carrot cut into 10cm strips with orange juice, Santa Maria orange & pepper mix and salt @ 54°C, 12hrs.
- Watermelon with lime juice and fresh jalapeno chillies @ 54°C, 20hrs.
- Smoked Tofu with lime juice, red chillies, smoked paprika, soy sauce and pepper @ 54°C, 20hrs.