The Ultimate Veggie Burger
The ultimate veggie burger (makes 4 burgers)
- 240g plain couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 200ml boiling water
- 1 red onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g feta cheese
- 100g sweet potato, grated
- 70g rolled oats
- 40g coriander, chopped
- 2 whole eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the couscous in a bowl with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Pour over the boiling water and cover with clingfilm. Allow to soak for about 15 minutes or until ready.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan and, on a medium heat, fry the red onions for 5 minutes.
- Once the onions are cooked through, add the crushed garlic.
- While the onions are frying, using a fork to break up the couscous.
- Add the couscous to the onion and garlic mix.
- Add the grated sweet potato and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and place in a large bowl.
- Add the rolled oats, chopped coriander and crumbled feta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before you are ready to cook the patties, add the two whole eggs and mix well.
- Take 4 metal rings, and prepare by brushing the inside of each ring with some olive oil.
- Place the mixture into the four rings, always making sure they have been pressed down firmly and that they can hold their shape when the ring is removed.
- Using a large, non-stick frying pan on a low-to-medium heat, add some olive oil to the pan.
- Gently add the patties to the frying pan. Flip regularly to ensure they go crispy.
- To construct, add lettuce and sliced tomato to a toasted brioche bun, then place the couscous patty on top. Finish off with sliced red onions and pickle.
- Serve with chunky fries and coleslaw.
Back to Recipes
Back to Our Food