Tenderstem stir fry
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g tenderstem broccoli
- 80ml oyster sauce
- 1 red chilli, fine sliced rounds at an angle
- 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 20g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion fine sliced
- 50g spring onions, finely sliced at an angle
- 100g baby pak choi
- 50g peanuts
- 20ml rapeseed oil
- Blanch the tenderstem broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes then transfer to chilled water to retain colour and firmness. If stalks are too long, slice at an angle halfway down the stem for ease of eating with chopsticks.
- When ready to serve, heat the rapeseed oil in a wok. As soon as the oil is smoking add the chilli, ginger, garlic, red onion and peanuts and cook for 30 seconds. Add the blanched tenderstem broccoli, the spring onions and the pak choi followed by the oyster sauce. Toss until the vegetables are well-coated and serve immediately.