Smoked duck and plum salad
Ingredients (serves 4 as a starter)
- An English oak smoked duck breast
- 2 to 3 seasonal plums (depending on size), e.g. Victoria, Flavourking, Seedling, Black Beauty (stoned and sliced)
- 4 Medjool dates (skinned, stoned and cut into strips)
- 2 spring onions (cut into strips)
- ½ red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 10ml plum vinegar
- 20ml good extra virgin olive oil or cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon light clear honey
- Good handful of edible flowers, e.g. nasturtium, sorrel, viola, borage, radish
- 20 nasturtium leaves
- Whisk the plum vinegar, oil and honey together to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl mix together the dates, chilli and plums. Add the dressing and leave for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the duck breast.
- Add the spring onion to the dressed plums.
- Neatly arrange the duck and plum salad on four plates.
- Decorate with the nasturtium leaves and edible flowers.
- Dress the smoked duck and plum salad with any remaining dressing left in the bowl.