Shaved fennel and radish salad with blood orange and fennel cress
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 bunch of breakfast radish (12 radishes)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 10g Thiercelin fennel seeds
- 25ml olive oil
- 15ml white wine vinegar
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2g fennel cress
- Prepare the fennel and radishes by finely slicing on a mandolin, including the foliage as this gives extra flavour and colour to the salad.
- Mix the shaved fennel with the lemon juice and fennel seeds.
- When ready to serve mix in the olive oil and the white wine vinegar, place in a serving bowl and finish with blood orange segments and fennel cress.
Hints & tips – this fennel and radish salad makes an excellent accompaniment to smoked fish, such as salmon or eel.