Scotch pancakes with a blueberry compote and a pomegranate and granola yoghurt
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Rapeseed oil or butter for cooking
- 300g blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- 100ml water
Pomegranate and granola yogurt
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 40g pomegranate seeds
- 80g granola
- To make the pancake batter, combine the flour, baking powder, egg, milk and caster sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Put a non stick pan on a medium heat and brush with a little rapeseed oil or butter. Using a small ladle or tablespoon drop equal amounts of the pancake mixture into the pan.
- When pancake starts to bubble, turn over using a palette knife or fish slice. Remove from pan when golden brown.
- To make the blueberry compote, combine half of the blueberries, water and the sugar in a small heavy based pan and put on a high heat. Simmer the blueberry mixture for 10 minutes until a syrup consistency has formed, then take off the heat and leave to cool. When cooled stir in the remaining blueberries.
- For the yogurt mixture, combine ¾ of the pomegranate seeds and the granola with the Greek yogurt.
- To serve, stack the warm pancakes and pour over some of the warm blueberry compote. Place a spoonful of the pomegranate and granola yogurt on the side and sprinkle over the remaining pomegranate seeds.