Roasted tamarillo with a manna syrup and mascarpone cream
- 4 tamarillos (halved)
- 50g caster sugar
- peeled zest and juice of 1 orange
- manna syrup
- 6 manna seeds
- 250ml water
- 150g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- ½ split vanilla pod
- mascarpone cream
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lay the tamarillo halves on a lined baking tray then sprinkle with sugar, orange peeling and juice.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and peel while still warm.
- Meanwhile prepare the manna syrup by simmering all of the ingredients together then reducing by half.
- Allow the syrup to cool and thicken before serving with the warm tamarillo and a spoonful of mascarpone cream.