Roasted pumpkin frittata with red onion and feta
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 free range eggs
- 100ml double cream
- 400g pumpkin, peeled and diced to approx 25mm
- 200g red onion, peeled and diced to approx 25mm
- 200g Feta cheese, diced to approx 25mm
- 25g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Place the diced pumpkin and red onion onto a baking tray or deep sided frying pan that has an oven proof handle and coat the vegetables with 25ml of the olive oil. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Put the eggs, cream, parsley and seasoning in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, add the remaining oil to the pan along with the diced Feta, pour over the egg and cream mixture and place back into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin frittata is ready, leave to rest for one minute before portioning.
- Simply serve with a leafy salad