Reynolds’ ‘full English’ pizza recipe
- 1kg tipo ‘00’ flour
- 1tbsp salt
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 30g fresh yeast or 14g dried yeast
- 650ml tepid water
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and pepper
- 8 chipolata sausages
- 8 pieces of thin streaky bacon or pancetta
- 8 baby plum tomatoes, sliced in half
- 200g boudin noir, sliced into 8 pieces
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 quail eggs
For the pizza dough
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt, sugar and olive oil. Knead using a machine with a dough hook.
- Mix the sachets of yeast into the tepid water and whisk until dissolved.
- Slowly pour the yeast mixture into the mixing bowl while kneading and continue to knead – after 5 minutes the dough should be smooth and springy.
- Remove the dough hook, dust the top of the dough with flour and cover with cling film or a cloth; leave for 1 hour in a warm room until the dough has doubled in size.
- When ready to use, place the dough onto a floured surface and knead again. Divide the dough into three pieces – one piece will be sufficient enough for the pizza and the two remaining pieces can be frozen for next time.
For the ‘full English’ pizza
- Preheat oven to 225°C.
- Brush a large flat tray (30 x 33cm) with some olive oil and roll out the pizza dough to the size of the tray; stretch the dough into the corners if very springy.
- Make a quick passata by blending the chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree together in a food processor and season to taste.
- Spread the passata over the pizza dough, leaving a 10mm gap at the edge of the pizza.
- Pan-fry the sliced chestnut mushrooms and chipolatas in a pan with the olive oil until golden brown, then transfer the chipolatas to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the cooked mushrooms, halved baby plum tomatoes, sliced boudin noir and pancetta over the pizza and place the pizza into the oven.
- After 4 minutes, add the chipolatas and crack the quail eggs onto the pizza and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer to a large board and serve.