Raw chocolate mousse with toasted coconut and a baby fig
Ingredients (makes 6 portions)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 25g cocoa powder
- 50g agave syrup
- 10g coconut oil
- 50g dark chocolate
- 5ml vanilla essence
Raw Chocolate mousse
- Melt the chocolate.
- Using the Vita mix, blend everything together.
- Pour into a container and allow to set in the fridge.
- Using a hot spoon, make a quenelle of the chocolate mousse, place on a plate.
- Garnish with ½ a baby fig, small piece of honeycomb, toasted fresh coconut and borage flowers.
Toasted fresh coconut
- Take a fresh coconut, and place in the oven at 180⁰C for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Once the coconut has cooled, it should make it easier to remove the outer husk of the coconut.
- To make fresh coconut shavings, once the outer husk has been removed, but the coconut into pieces and using a peeler make coconut shavings.
- To toast the coconut, place the shavings onto a tray and then into an oven.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 5 – 8 minutes until golden brown.