Ingredients (makes 6 mugs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1kg Crown prince pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped, alternatively use up the pumpkins from Halloween
- 1ltr vegetable stock
- 50ml double cream
- Salt and pepper40g pumpkin seeds
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan over a high heat, add the onion and sweat for 2 minutes before adding the garlic. Sweat for further minute before adding the pumpkin, then cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer the pumpkin soup to a food processor and blend until smooth; season to taste.
- For a smoother texture and glossy appearance, add the double cream while still blending then pass through a chinois/sieve.
- Pour into mugs or cups and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds before serving.
Please note that the image is for illustrative purposes only. The colour of the soup may change according to season and pumpkin variety.