Pumpkin fritters with a fruity carrot salad and tomato salsa
Ingredients (Makes 10 portions)
- 10g parsley, chopped
- 350g raw pumpkin, grated
- 150g raw carrot, grated
- 120g rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Small amount of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C
- Chop the parsley and red onion.
- Mix this together with the grated pumpkin, carrot and oats
- Add the eggs and mix through well, ensuring that all the egg has been mixed through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mix into 10 patties, using a ring cutter to help create the round shape.
- Place the patties on some grease proof paper on an oven tray and bake for 20 min or until the patties feel firm to the touch.
Fruity carrot salad
- ½ a pineapple
- 2 medium carrots (200g approx.)
- 2 oranges
- 1 spring onion
- 10 flat leaf parsley, picked
- 50g golden raisins
- Using a peeler, peel the skin off the carrots and then use the peel to shave the rest of the carrots. Place the carrots in cold water, this will make them curl.
- Remove the skin and the core of the pineapples and cut into 1cm wedges.
- Remove the skin of the oranges and make segments, place in a bowl with the pineapple and place any excess orange juice in the bowl.
- Pick the leaves of the flat leaf parsley and add that to the bowl.
- Cut ½ cm rounds of the spring onion, making sure that you use both the white and green part of the spring onion, add this to the bowl.
- Drain the water off the carrots and mix with the rest of the ingredients, and serve.
- 2 plum tomatoes, skin removes
- 1 spring onion
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cucumbers, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the skin and the seeds for the tomato, and cut into a small dice
- Cut the spring onions into ½ cm rounds, add to the diced tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber and cut into small dice, add to the tomatoes
- Finely dice a red onion and add to the tomatoes, mix well.
- Season with a small amount of salt and pepper