- 300g Eryngii (King Oyster) mushrooms
- 90ml lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 120ml Miso broth (chilled)
15ml smoked olive oil
- 30g very finely chopped red onion
1 jalapeño chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 100g finely diced plum tomatoes
- 60g finely diced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 30g chopped coriander
- Lightly peel the base of the mushroom stalks.
- Slice the stalks 5mm thick at a slight angle to represent scallops. Cut the caps into quarters.
- Steam the mushrooms for one minute, before
transferring to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice, miso broth, and olive oil. Allow to cool.
- After chopping the onion very finely, rinse the diced pieces in cold water to reduce the aroma.
- Drain well and add to the mushrooms.
- Add the jalapeño, tomatoes, cucumber, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix and allow to infuse for 5 to 10 minutes.