Indian spiced potatoes and asparagus
Ingredients (serves four)
- 250g new potatoes (scrubbed and cut in half)
- 6 spears asparagus (cut into 4cm lengths)
- 120g Roscoff onions (peeled, halved and sliced)
- 2 green chillies (split in half lengthwise)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 plum tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- ¼ tsp black mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan.
- Fry the curry leaves and mustard seeds in the oil until they start to pop.
- Sauté the onions, potatoes and chillies in the oil with the curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Add turmeric and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and enough water to cover the potatoes and place lid on pan. Simmer gently.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked (approximately 20 mins) add the asparagus.
- Simmer for a few minutes till the asparagus is just cooked.
- Serve with micro coriander leaves and a wedge of lime.