Hay-baked parsley root and smoked garlic
Ingredients (Makes 4 portions)
- 350g parsley root, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5ml smoked olive oil
- 1g salt
- 1g crushed black pepper
- 125ml (½ cup) dry cider
- ½ bulb smoked garlic
- A handful of hay
- Pre-heat the oven to 160⁰C.
- Peel the parsley root and cut into 6cm wedges.
- In a bowl, add the parsley root, smoked olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In an ovenproof tray, add the hay and cover with a piece of muslin cloth.
- Place the smoked garlic in the middle of the tray and add the parsley root so that it surrounds the garlic.
- Pour the dry cider over the parsley root.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about an hour or until the parsley root is cooked through.
Back to Our Recipes