Fusilli pasta with kale pesto, roasted cherry tomatoes, shredded chicken and kale crisps
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 200g kale, washed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 80g sunflower oil
- 80g feta cheese
- 3g salt
- 2g crushed black pepper
Roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1 punnet, red cherry tomatoes
- 1 punnet yellow cherry tomatoes
- 50ml olive oil
- 2g Maldon sea salt
- 1g course black pepper
- 60g fresh kale
- 20ml olive oil
- 1g Maldon sea salt
To complete the dish
- 320g cooked fusilli
- 80g cooked shredded chicken breast
Method for the Kale pesto
- Blanch the kale in boiling water, remove from the water and squeeze out any excess water
- Into a blender add the kale, juice of a lemon and the sunflower oil
- Blend together into a paste is formed.
- Add the feta cheese, salt and pepper and blend.
- If you would like the pesto to be more wet add another 20g of sunflower oil at a time.
Method for the roasted cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oven to 160°C
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with the olive oil, salt and pepper
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, just until just soft.
Method for the kale crisps
- Heat the oven to 120°C
- If the kale is not already chopped, then cut the leaf into smallish pieces.
- Wash under cold water and dry the leaves using a salad spinner.
- In a bowl, add the leaves, olive oil and salt. Mix well together.
- Place the leaves on a baking tray and place into the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes or until the kale is crispy.
Method to complete the dish
- Heat up the fusilli pasta in boiling water
- Tip the hot paste into a large saucepan add the kale pesto and heat together.
- Add the chicken and cherry tomatoes and heat until the chicken has warmed through.
- Take off the heat, place into you r serving dish and garnish with the with the kale crisps.