Crispy and chargrilled Brussels sprouts salad with chorizo
Serves 4-6 people
For the salad
- 60ml olive oil
- 250g fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 yellow courgettes
- 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 100g chorizo
For the crispy sprouts
- The outer leaves from the sprouts
- 30ml olive oil
- 10ml white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the basic vinaigrette
- 45ml white wine vinegar
- 125ml rapeseed oil
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 2ml crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to season
For the salad
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Remove the outer leaves of the sprouts and keep to one side, trying to keep the leaves as whole as possible.
- Using a large saucepan, heat up 1/3 of the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the prepared sprouts to the warm pan and move around until chargrilled. Remove from the heat and place onto a baking tray.
- Using a Parisienne scoop, make little courgette balls, adding them to the same tray as the sprouts.
- Splash a little more olive oil over the courgettes, together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until the courgettes are cooked.
- On another baking tray, place the cherry tomatoes on the vine together with the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Slice the chorizo into 5mm thick slices and fry in a small saucepan.
For the crispy Brussels sprouts
- In a bowl, add the sprout leaves together with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Place the seasoned sprouts onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, making sure they are evenly spread out.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 7 minutes, ensuring the sprouts don’t completely brown.
- Once the sprouts are removed from the oven and allowed to cool, they will crisp up.
- Place all the ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Fasten and shake really well until all ingredients have combined together.
Mix together the roasted sprouts, courgettes and cooked chorizo. Place into a large serving bowl/platter, before adding the roasted cherry tomatoes and drizzling with vinaigrette. To finish the salad, top with the crispy sprouts.