Christmas Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 800g brussels sprouts, halved and blanched
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 40g butter
- 40g chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 40g dried cranberries
- 80g sliced pancetta
- 40g Panko breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon (1g)
- Zest of 1 orange (2g)
- 40g flt leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat half the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the chestnuts and dried cranberries.
- In a smaller frying pan, place the rest of the oil and butter and fry over a medium heat.
- Add the Panko breadcrumbs and cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the orange and lemon zest to the breadcrumbs.
- Finally, add the chopped parsley, as well as salt and pepper if required.
- Keep cooking until the crumbs turn a golden brown colour.
- Remove from the heat and add to the Brussels sprouts.
- Place strips of pancetta on grease proof paper.
- Place in the oven at 180⁰C and cook for 10 minutes or until the pancetta is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and break into small pieces, adding to the Brussels sprouts.
- Mix everything gently together and then place into your serving bowl.