- 250g plain flour
- 175g Unsalted butter, softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 free range eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 150g fresh cherries, stones removed
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and milk then beat until smooth.
- Fold the whole de-stoned cherries into the mixture along with the desiccated coconut. Spoon into the loaf tin and level the surface.
- Bake the loaf in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hr or until the cake has risen and feels firm to the touch. Insert a skewer into the center and if it comes out clean then remove.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.