Butternut squash and pistachio cookies
Ingredients (makes 24)
- 350g unsifted flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g dark soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 free range eggs
- 250g butternut squash, peeled and diced approx 5mm
- 50g pistachios
- 50g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in the eggs then gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the diced butternut and the pistachios.
- Split the pliable dough into two halves, rolling each out into sausage shapes, approximately 5cm/2in in diameter. Wrap them in cling film and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, simply cut the log into slices 2cm/¾in thick and lay on a baking tray, widely spaced apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- When cooked and rested, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and drizzle over the cookies. Serve when chocolate has set.