Buttered Chantenay carrots with fennel seed
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 1kg Chantenay carrots, scrubbed or peeled
- 100g unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 10g fennel seeds
- Micro fennel cress
- To cook the Chantenay carrots, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the carrots and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the carrots are tender, strain and place in a large frying pan with the butter, seasoning and fennel seeds.
- Toss the carrots in the butter until they are all coated then transfer to a serving bowl and finish with the micro fennel cress before serving.