Broad bean brûlée with confit salmon
Ingredients (serves 2)
Ingredients for the broad bean brûlée
- 130g fresh broad beans, cooked, refreshed and shelled (frozen can be used)
- 150ml double cream
- 3 free range egg yolks
- 1 tbsp of sugar, plus extra for the brûlée
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 x 80g skinless salmon fillet portions
- 500ml extra virgin olive oil
Method for the broad bean brûlée
- Preheat the oven to 125°.
- Bring the cream to the boil and then remove from the heat. Combine in a blender with the broad beans, sugar, lemon juice and seasoning and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and blend again until thoroughly combined, then pass the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Lightly butter four ramekins, and evenly distribute the brûlée mix between them.
- Place in a bain-marie and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until just set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the water.
Method for the confit salmon
- To prepare the salmon, mix the salt and sugar and rub into the salmon. Leave to cure for 1 hour in the fridge.
- In a medium size saucepan heat the oil to 45°C, use a temperature probe to ensure the correct temperature is reached.
- Wash the salt mixture off the fish, pat dry and place the salmon in the oil for 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove the fish from the oil using a slotted spoon and place on a plate, keep warm until serving.
- Plate dish as shown, with optional pea shoots to garnish.