Blackberry and Honeycomb syllabub
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g blackberries
- 50ml blackberry liqueur
- 50g honey
- 284ml double cream or whipping cream
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g honey
- 50ml white wine
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- Blackberry puree, see recipe below
- Rosemary honeycomb to finish
- Place all the ingredients in a heavy based pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Take half of the compote and push through a fine sieve to remove the seeds and then place both the blackberry puree and the compote into separate containers and chill in refrigerator.
- Mix the sugar, honey, wine and lemon zest and juice in a large mixing bowl and leave to stand in the fridge for at least an hour and preferably overnight (this allows all the flavours to infuse and mellow).
- Add the blackberry puree and cream (whipping cream will give a lighter and fluffier syllabub, whilst double will give a richer thicker version). Whisk until desired texture reached.
- Transfer the syllabub into a piping bag and chill until required.
- To serve, pipe the syllabub into a glass, followed by a layer of the blackberry compote. Depending on the size of the glass you are using, repeat the process as much as desired. Finish with a small piece of the rosemary honeycomb.