Black truffle potato nicoise
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 black truffle potatoes (cooked and quartered lengthways)
- 8 Piccolo tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 115g extra fine French beans (topped and cut in half)
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- 4 free range eggs
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 16 pitted black and green olives in brine
For the dressing or marinade
- 105ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp Merlot grape vinegar
- 2tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1tsp Sel de Guerande (salt)
- 1tsp ground black Kerala pepper
Black truffle potato crisps
- 2 black truffle potatoes
- rapeseed oil for frying
- sprinkle of Sel de Guerande (salt)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes, and then cool in chilled water and peel.
- To cook the eggs place in boiling water and cook for 7 minutes. Immediately chill under cold running water and peel while still warm.
- To cook the fine French beans, place in boiling water for 3 minutes then take out and chill immediately under cold water.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, garlic and seasoning.
- For the base mix of the niçoise place the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, red onion and olives in a bowl and gently fold in the dressing (keep some of the dressing for finishing the dish).
- To make the black truffle potato crisps, thinly slice the raw potato with skin length ways using a mandolin and place in cold water.
- Preheat the fryer to 190°c and fry until crisp, place on paper towel to soak up excess oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place some of the base mix on a plate and place the eggs, anchovies and potato crisps on top. Finish with the remainder of the dressing.
To enhance this dish further, try one of our outstanding single variety olive oils from our Le Chateau d’ Estoublon range, combined with Minus 8 vintage ice wine vinegar instead of the extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar.