- 100g pitted dates
- 100g prunes , stoned removed if necessary
- 2 ripe or slightly over-ripe medium bananas, peeled.
- 150g honey
- 30ml (2tbsp) coconut oil
- 325g porridge oats
- 100g raisins
- 100g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 25g linseeds
- 25g sesame seeds
- 25g sunflower seeds
- Line a shallow baking tray, about 20 x 30cm, with greaseproof paper.
- Put the dates, prunes, bananas, honey, coconut oil and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor and blitz to a thick, fruit-flecked purée.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, raisins, chopped apricots and seeds.
- Stir in the puréed fruit and honey and mix well (your hands may be the best tool for this job).
- Add the fruity oat mixture into the prepared tin and gently press it out, getting it as even and level as you can.
- Put the tray in the fridge for 2–3 hours to allow the flapjack to set, then turn out on to a board and slice into bars.
- Keep in a plastic container in the fridge and eat within a week.
Back to Recipes
Back to Pick of the Crop