Baked Capricorn goats cheese with asparagus tips
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 Capricorn goats’ cheese portion (100g)
- A sprig of rosemary
- A thin slice of garlic
- 6 jumbo asparagus spears, de-eared and trimmed (when in season, use English for a supreme flavour)
- olive oil for brushing
- 3 thick slices of crusty bread
- 40g roast garlic jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Place the goats’ cheese in a ramekin and make an incision in the top of the cheese. Place the thin slice of garlic and the rosemary sprig into the incision, transfer to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Brush the asparagus with olive oil and chargrill for 4 minutes on all sides until tender.
- Brush the slices of crusty bread with olive oil, place on a baking tray and toast in the oven until golden brown. When ready to serve, slice the bread slices in half once more and stack on the board.
- Serve the baked Capricorn goats’ cheese alongside the chargrilled asparagus tips, crusty bread and a small kilner jar of roasted garlic jam.
Hints and tips – this makes a great alternative to baked Camembert with real British provenance.