Reynolds is one of the UK's leading fresh fruit & vegetable distributors and fresh...
Our commercial and office support functions cover a wide range of departments and roles, including:
We are a growing business and the support roles in all departments are stretching and fulfilling. Without exception, these roles provide an opportunity for driven and results orientated individuals, with a passion for success.
Location: Waltham Cross
Benefits include: •34 days paid annual leave (increased with length of service), • Home order service, Free membership to our Healthcare Cash Plan, Access to discounts and savings through their Retail Rewards portal, Free onsite parking, Direct access to loans and savings plans with NLCU
We are Reynolds Catering Supplies and our family run business delivers fresh produce and chilled products into the kitchens of some of the best-known names and brands in the country. Just ask our friends at Pizza Express, ITSU and Carluccios!
An opportunity has arisen in our Supply Chain function based at Waltham Cross reporting to the Supply Chain Compliance Manager. The purpose of the role is to manage an assigned range of categories of products to ensure both high availability of products for customer orders and at the same time minimising waste and reducing stock holding days.
Supply Chain Planner Requirements:
• To own and be responsible for assigned product categories as allocated ensuring supply is balanced against customer demand.
• To manage planning, replenishment and placing of purchase orders for relevant products categories.
• To monitor and take relevant actions to ensure smooth and efficient inbound supply of products assigned by category and to document such actions and report to Category Planning Manager
• To monitor the accuracy of forecasts and make timely and informed amendments where appropriate in conjunction with the Head of Forecasting and Category Planning Manager
• To ensure waste is minimised for all products in their categories and to monitor and to investigate significant waste issues.
• To manage the data set up for relevant fields for new introduced items that fall within the relevant categories.
• To micro manage key “hot products “that fall within the categories assigned.
• To use M3 functionality and the data warehouse to achieve the above objectives
• To review expiry risk on short shelf life products
• To liaise with Stock Control and QC to minimise waste and ensure prompt reclassification if a long position is reached.
• To take prompt action if a short position is anticipated including amendment of customer orders already in system and to take appropriate recovery action (and communicate this effectively to other relevant areas of the business.
• To highlight risks of product shortfall/overstock/waste due to supplier failure to relevant departments within the business
• To take prompt measures to ensure action messages are handled effectively in line with aims of the role (i.e. order fulfilment/ minimising waste and stock holding days).
Supply Chain Planner Requirements:
• The ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and remain calm whilst still maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills in particular Excel
• Knowledge of forecasting techniques
If you feel that you meet the Supply Chain Planner requirements, please apply now!
Reynolds is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.Apply Now