Reynolds is one of the UK's leading fresh fruit & vegetable distributors and fresh...
Our commercial and office support functions cover a wide range of departments and roles, including:
We are a growing business and the support roles in all departments are stretching and fulfilling. Without exception, these roles provide an opportunity for driven and results orientated individuals, with a passion for success.
Location: Waltham Cross
Benefits include: • Annual pay reviews, Additional incremental salary increases in line with agreed achievements, Increasing holiday allowance,• Training and Development (including coaching, workshops, seminars and e-learning)
Reynolds is one of the UK’s most successful foodservice and distribution companies, enjoying phenomenal growth and boasting a coveted portfolio of clients. As a family owned business, Reynolds provides more than 3,000 different types of fresh produce and chilled foods from around the world, including more than 1,000 different varieties of fruit and vegetables. Our success is driven by people with a passion for what they do and an entrepreneurial spirit, creating a dynamic, empowered, ‘can do’ working environment. As a growing, vibrant, and fast-moving business, it has long been clear that our people are critical to our future success.
Our Finance Apprenticeship
We are offering an exciting and unique opportunity to join our Reynolds Academy Programme and complete the AAT Level 3 (15 months) and then progress to the level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician (15 months). They will then provide a career pathway into starting a CIMA/ACCA qualification whilst developing and growing your professional Finance career as an Accounts Assistant. The right candidate will be supported throughout the programme with the development of their professional and academic skills through hands-on practical experience in the core operational areas that are responsible for running the financial aspects of our business starting with Accounts Payable and then moving on to Credit Control. This will help to fulfil key elements of the AAT level 3 and 4 and the enhancement of your early career as a finance professional.
When you start here you can look forward to a wealth of blended learning opportunities, including your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential as well as Insight Careers Days to share learning and network with other apprentices and learners across our business. We are not only passionate about growing careers but aspire to create an unforgettable journey that will equip you with all the skills and confidence you will need to be able to fulfil your potential and grow your career in Finance at Reynolds.
What will your role involve?
Working Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, you will be based at our Head Office in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire and will be responsible for;
• Review and prioritise the processing of produce and overhead supplier invoices to ensure the accurate recording of RCS liabilities
• Review overhead PO coding and ensure that costs are coded in accordance with budgets to the correct nominal codes
• Resolve invoice matching queries in order to process the correct liability to supplier ledgers
• Process supplier invoices for archiving in accordance with legal and audit requirements
• Prepare BACS payment proposals for approval
• Ensure GRNI is current and accurately reflects RCS liability for invoiced goods
• Regularly reconcile supplier statements to validate the accuracy of RCS ledgers
• Work collaboratively with other members of the Finance team
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
• Good time management and organisational skills
• Strong numeracy skills
• Good excel ability
• Great communication skills
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Inquisitive mind and willingness to learn
• Creative problem solver
• Good attention to detail to be able to work accurately and within deadlines
• Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English at grade 4 (C) or above and 3 A-levels grade A-C.
To take the next step in building the career you have always dreamed of...
Send a cover letter with your CV telling us all about yourself, your experience and why you want to join our finance apprenticeship programme.
If your application is successful, we will invite you to an assessment day which will give us a better idea of your strengths and suitability for the apprenticeship programme.
Reynolds is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.Apply Now