Reynolds is one of the UK's leading fresh fruit & vegetable distributors and fresh...
Our commercial and office support functions cover a wide range of departments and roles, including:
We are a growing business and the support roles in all departments are stretching and fulfilling. Without exception, these roles provide an opportunity for driven and results orientated individuals, with a passion for success.
Location: Waltham Cross
Benefits include: • Annual pay reviews, Additional incremental salary increases in line with agreed achievements, Increasing holiday allowance, Training and Development (including opportunities to attend external events), A nationally recognised qualification, Retail Discount membership, Retail Discount membership, Further company tailored benefits achieved through service and commitment
Our Human Resources Department plays a leading role in the implementation of Group policies, support programmes and projects which align with and support strategic business objectives in areas related to people recruitment & development, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, culture, policy development, compensation & benefits, change management, and talent development.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about people and wishes to develop a professional career in the function that is at the heart of our business.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 08:30am to 4:30pm (This may include evening and weekend working)
Future career goals on our apprentice programme:
Working with the Head of HR and the wider HR team you will receive tailored on-the-job training to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a mentor who will offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship, which will initially be the nationally recognised qualifications - CIPD HR Support Level 3 qualification.
The ideal candidate will wish to develop their career further through to HR Officer/Advisor level and will have the opportunity to through the apprenticeship programme to go on and complete CIPD Level 5 Diploma in HR Management.
Your role will involve the following responsibilities:
• Providing an efficient, effective and customer focused administration service to managers and employees.
• Responding to HR queries from manager and employees.
• Advising Managers on interpretation and application of common Group Policies, processes and procedures.
• Managing the new starter administration process, including drafting contracts, sending out offer documents, creating the employee file & making sure all documents are returned on time.
• Making arrangements for new joiners to attend the Company Introductory Meeting.
• Carrying out background and reference checks.
• Updating and maintaining the HR database.
• Recording and tracking attendance to ensure that accurate records are maintained in relation to annual leave, sickness, and any other absence.
• Managing the leaver process.
• Building professional working relationships with employees and managers at all levels
• Undertaking HR project support for the wider team and other ad hoc duties, day to day, as requested by the Head of HR.
To be eligible for the HR Administrator apprenticeship you will need the below skills and qualifications:
• You will need to be a strong communicator with excellent attention to detail, be team orientated, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn, develop and contribute new ideas.
• Must have a minimum of 4 GCSEs including English language and Maths with grade C or above in both
• Ideally you will have at least 1 years’ experience working in administration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication with strong organisational skills.
• Great relationship builder with experience and confidence to deal with internal and external stakeholders.
• Computer literate, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, willingness to learn and embrace new software
• A positive attitude – someone who is going to make the most of this opportunity and go the extra mile!
Does it sound good to you?
Excellent! So all you have to do now is apply! Applying is easy, if you love the sound of the scheme and believe you would be a good fit, send us a cover letter with your CV telling us all about yourself, your experience and why you want to work for us.
If your application is successful, we will invite you to complete an online assessment which will give us a better idea of your strengths and suitability for the apprenticeship programme.
Reynolds is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.Apply Now