Reynolds is one of the UK's leading fresh fruit & vegetable distributors and fresh...
No-one has a bigger part to play in Reynolds’ continued success than the managers in our business at Waltham Cross and around the country. It’s their experience, personality and commercial judgement that set the tone for the whole company. And it’s their leadership that inspires our people to deliver a great customer experience every day.
It’s a significant challenge, because we are changing all the time and moving at a fast pace, but if you relish the opportunity to make a real impact we promise that your achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We’re keen to hear from results oriented professionals who have some experience of the food industry, although we always welcome applications from people from any background.
Our sister company Carnivore are looking to recruit a Technical Manager based in Rugby. Carnivore is a nationwide wholesale meat supplier based in the UK and strives to offer the best quality, the fastest and most flexible next-day delivery service.
The job role will be leading a small technical team to maintain all 3rd party accreditations, customer approvals and site food safety and quality standards.
As member of the senior management team who will be expected to engage with all team members in a positive and constructive manner to drive and advance the quality and technical management agenda.
• Efficient and effective implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS), its maintenance and development
• HACCP team lead ensuring its development and evolution in keeping with business ambitions
• 2 direct reports, Technical Assistant and Quality Assurer
• Safety, Quality, Legality and Authenticity of all manufactured and traded goods
• Customer liaison; new or existing, customer enquiries, audits, site visits and finished goods specifications
• Supplier liaison regards technical issues including their compliance to business codes of practice, raw material specifications supplier complaints and supplier development
• Cross functional working, internally on site but also within the wider group (Reynolds)
• Timely and appropriate decision making on food safety, quality and legality issues
• Screening, development and approval of all new products (manufactured and traded)
• Ensuring a positive site food safety culture
• Technical compliance be it regulatory, 2nd party or 3rd party led
• Monitoring and maintenance of departmental KPI’s
Competencies / Skills /Knowledge / Experience:
• Maintenance of food quality management systems
• Experienced and qualified in HACCP management (Level 4)
• Experienced and qualified in Food Safety (Level 4)
• Great communicator at all levels
• Supplier and Customer management
• Food legislation
• Experience of BRC food standards
• Attention to detail
• Permanent Contract
• Cash Introductory Scheme
• 28 days paid annual leave (increased with length of service up to 33 days)
• Enrolment in to Pension Scheme
• Healthcare Cash
• Access to discounts and savings through our Retail Rewards portal
• Free onsite parking
• Direct access to loans and savings plans with NLCU
Reynolds and Carnivore FMC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.Apply Now