Taking action for the environment
Reynolds takes its responsibility to the environment very seriously. This means taking action not just talk.
In addition to targets for carbon reduction, Reynolds' efforts include:
- Reynolds was one of the founding members of the Hospitality and Food Service Agreement on waste reduction,
- Reynolds currently has 24 recycling waste streams in place.
- A returnable create system is available – helping to save 100's of tonnes of cardboard each year.
- Cardboard packing cases procured by ourselves are made with 100% recycled material.
- Around 3% of current fuel usage is bio-diesel, and increasing.
- Our advanced IT tracking and routing systems drive fuel efficiency. Our recent improvements in fuel consumption have also helped us keep prices low.
- Advanced driver training ensures maximum fuel efficiency.
- A significant proportion of our produce is collected by us on backhaul, to minimise transportation of empty lorries.
- The company has achieved phase 5 of BS8555 Environmental Standard and ISO14001 Environmental Management Standard.
The following sections of the website provide more information on Reynolds action on environmental issues:
Get in touch for a full copy of Reynolds’ ethical sourcing policy or environmental policy.